Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Life is Strange

This is the weirdest break-up of my life. We talk every day or two just like we did before. He still calls me by the same silly pet name, I still giggle, and we still spend an hour laughing like idiots about stupid crap. Once in a while we talk about the break-up. He doesn’t budge but still tries to make it all better.

We’re spending Saturday afternoon together at his house. I guess we’re supposed to hang out as “just friends”. He knows I don’t think of him that way. The whole thing is so ridiculous that it amuses me.

If I was smart, I’d walk away. However, I’ve never been particularly smart about love … daring, but not smart. I don’t have an agenda. I don’t have a plan to change him or make him give me what I want. I can accept him exactly as he is. Isn’t that part of loving someone? Besides, I’m also curious as hell.

In the mean time, another guy is sniffing around. It’s like a garage sale. There are always one or two people who show up at 7am even when the sale doesn’t start until eight. He’s one of those people. He wants to be the first one to check out my stuff. I told him that I’m not open for business. He’s a nice enough guy, but my heart isn’t ready.

1 Comments:

At 5:51 AM, Blogger captain corky said...

Have fun this Saturday, but not too much fun. ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home