Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Dating Lessons

These are a few things I’ve learned (or re-learned) through my dating experiences this year.

  1. It’s okay to cut my losses and move on.

  2. If something sounds too good to be true, it is.

  3. Taking things slow is good. You don't often hear people say, "The relationship probably would have lasted if only we had jumped in the sack right away."

  4. I don’t have to feel like a loser when someone doesn’t like me.

  5. I don’t have to feel guilty for not liking someone back.

  6. When a guy “takes it like a man”, he’s more attractive.

  7. Sex appeal is only 5% physical.

  8. A little cologne is nice. A lot will ruin an otherwise pleasant evening. I prefer nothing at all.

  9. The guy who borrowed his Mom’s minivan to take me out probably isn’t the right guy for me.

  10. The guy who lit up a joint in the middle of the date probably isn’t the right guy for me either.

  11. Even at my age, some guys get pissy if a girl doesn’t sleep with them on the first date.

  12. Believe it or not, most guys aren’t in a big hurry to jump in bed (Damnit! … teehee)

  13. I have good instincts about people. I shouldn’t ignore that.

  14. As adorable as they are, 20-somethings are too young for me.

  15. A lot of people who use dating sites also ride Harleys and like Nascar.

  16. There are a lot of lonely people in the world, but it’s not my job to save them … not even ONE.

  17. They say that opposites attract, but I’m more of a birds-of-a-feather kind of person.

  18. If a guy gets to be 40 or so and he’s never had a significant relationship, there’s probably a reason.

  19. I’m capable of acting like a cold-hearted bitch.

  20. We are all just trying to be happy. Some people will settle for feeling a little less unhappy.

4 Comments:

At 11:54 AM, Blogger Ish said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

 
At 7:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm just happy to see you back here. . .

 
At 8:06 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If I ever decide I want to date I am going to keep your rules in mind. It's a scary prospect after 31 years of marriage, though.

I'm glad to hear you're doing well.

 
At 9:23 PM, Blogger Chick said...

They are all great pionts...I especially like #13...& I know yours are wonderful instincts.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home