Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Good Things


I got to work yesterday to find flowers sitting in front of my monitor. They were from a co-worker. He didn’t know about the break-up. He just said I seemed blue Monday and he wanted to cheer me up.

And remember the annoying jerk that I wanted to beat with his own arm a couple weeks ago? He and I have been getting along extremely well. In fact, he gave me a $50 gift card and the afternoon off for a late margarita lunch with my girlfriend.

Possible good news ... things might not be over with the man. Time will tell.
I don’t completely understand men, but I have hope for them
… ONE man in particular.

8 Comments:

At 10:14 AM, Blogger bluemountainmama said...

is the co-worker cute? :)

so sorry about the break-up. that sucks indeed!

 
At 10:50 AM, Blogger Aisha T. said...

Hang in there, Theresa! It sounds like you have some really good guys that support you (I have yet to have any co-worker notice when I have been down in the dumps and randomly get flowers for me). All I can say-from personal experience and constantly experiencing it with D, relationships drive me crazy.

 
At 12:23 AM, Blogger Theresa said...

Bmama - The co-worker is married to a lovely woman ... are all the good ones are taken? Thanks for your compassion.

Aisha - You're right. I have lots of good friends. It's also true that relationships are often challenging.

 
At 10:10 AM, Blogger bluemountainmama said...

all the good ones taken? it may seem that way, but i don't think so. keep your chin up, chicadee....

 
At 5:46 AM, Blogger captain corky said...

I wouldn't mind getting a nice present left for me at my desk. Usually I just have a shitty note sitting for me from my boss. ;)

I hope things work out for you with the guy.

 
At 8:57 PM, Blogger Spin_Doc1 said...

I hate to give advice with so little information, but at the heart there is something wrong with him and nothing wrong with you!

 
At 11:52 PM, Blogger Theresa said...

Blue - okay ... lifting the chin!

Corky - You deserve buckets of candy at your desk every day!!!

Spin - Thanks for the reminder to no blame myself.

 
At 12:28 PM, Blogger Ed & Jeanne said...

It's the same with women though. It wasn't until I hit rock bottom dating that I found my current partner. They come when you least expect it...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home