Tuesday, April 15, 2008

3 Days

The path stretched forever, or so it seemed. Our rented bicycles rolled along, him leading, then me, at ease in each another’s company.

He calls me Princess or Beautiful. I like the way the words sound in his voice.


We seemed more friends than lovers. He was too young, too far away, too different. But I fell when his arms held me close enough to know his heartbeat, until breathless words affirmed a darker longing.

Time meant little until goodbye … a bittersweet kiss, the sweetest I’ve known.

We only belonged to each other for a while,
A precious instant.

5 Comments:

At 8:22 AM, Blogger bluemountainmama said...

bittersweet, indeed. time is that ultimate oxymoron of being a gift and an enemy at the same time, especially in these instances.

and you're looking like a pretty hot chic in that new profile pic... :)

 
At 9:10 AM, Blogger Theresa said...

Insightful response.
It was never meant to be more than what it was. The fact that we had those days was remarkable. So, I like to think of it as a gift.

Thanks for the feedback about the pic. I'm having a bad self-image day so it's perfect timing.

 
At 9:42 AM, Blogger Ed & Jeanne said...

I thought the last line was going to be...he got a flat tire; there was no pump.

 
At 4:37 AM, Blogger captain corky said...

That is one of the most amazing pics I've ever seen. It sounds like a perfect day.

 
At 9:33 AM, Blogger Theresa said...

VE - I decided to leave out the silly stuff, like the part when I fell down on the way to the liquor store and he laughed his ass off.

Corky - Thanks. It's my favorite picture from that trip. Sometimes I stare at it until I can almost imagine I'm there again.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home