Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Nature vs. Nurture

This is a photo of my gorgeous angel niece. She cleverly decided to wear a pirate patch over one eye because the night light in her room was keeping her awake. She might have given up the light, but she wanted it in case she needed to get up during the night. This seems like a perfect solution.

One might think that my girl is simply creative, however, despite her landlocked condition, I suspect she may have a little bit of pirate in her. After all, if you remember, at one time, I, her favorite aunt, sailed the seven seas as a ruthless pirate. Alongside my sexy pantalooned lover, I greedily plundered, pillaged and ransacked the world over. Perhaps my sassy niece has a bit of the pirate in her as well.


Could it be the way she's been raised? Her respectable, upstanding parents seem to be bring her up right ... so did mine. Hmmm ... Maybe they let her watch MTV.

Nature versus nurture?

4 Comments:

At 9:46 AM, Blogger Ed & Jeanne said...

My son would LOVE to be a pirate. That would mean no bathing...

 
At 10:07 PM, Blogger Theresa said...

You can call him Captain Stink-bucket.

 
At 10:09 AM, Blogger BlazngScarlet said...

Sometimes, it's just in you ..... and it needs to come out!

 
At 7:19 PM, Blogger bluemountainmama said...

first, that is a GORGEOUS photo.... great b&w. there is little more angelic than a sleeping child.

and the pirate patch is classic. my kind of gal....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home