Thursday, April 24, 2008

Guy-Guys

We all think our guy is different and better than other guys. Of course mine is too. He’s a sexy loveable goofball dork. His odd, sometimes dry sense of humor is becoming predictable, but I still laugh like crazy. His quirks are less confusing as I get to know him. One of the things I like about him is his guy-ness … even the guy stuff that I don’t understand.

I like guy-guys. They are the men who think like guys, act like guys and like guy things. They can’t watch TV unless the remote control is in their hand. They play loud poker with their buddies, drink crappy beer, and count the weeks until football season starts. Guy-guys think Animal House, Caddy Shack and National Lampoon's Vacation are cinematic masterpieces. When they work on the car and cut themselves, they show it off like it’s some kind of war wound … but if you fuss about it, they insist it’s no big deal. Oh! And, guy-guys are mesmerized by boobies … not just the perfect 19-year old perky ones; they get a glaze-eyed stare from looking at ANY BOOBIES. A little cleavage is like kryptonite. They become completely compliant when near those creamy round curves.

I like guy-guys … the GOOD guy-guys. They are the men that help scrape your windshield when you’re tromping through 8 inches of snow in 4-inch heels. They help their friends move, build a new deck, or get them drunk after being dumped by a girl. The good guys don’t pick a fight, but they won’t back down if something needs to be done. These are the guys who open doors because it’s polite; they don’t think about whether it's PC. Sometimes they joke around about being assholes or jerks, but when you need someone you can count on, they do the right thing. Others might describe them as “... rough around the edges, but has a heart of gold.”

My guy seems to be a good guy-guy. He’s a little ragged on the edges, but not too much. He knows the difference between Tchaikovsky’s Nutcracker and a metal tool used to break walnut shells. He also scared me a bit when I noticed Titanic in his DVD collection … even more when he made me watch the crappy 3 hours of trite nonsense. However, he starts my car when it’s cold outside, knows the name of the town where they make his favorite fishing lure, makes sure his friends get home safely when they’ve been drinking, and lends his muscle when someone needs a hand.

I like guy-guys, especially the good ones … … especially the sexy lovable goofball dorky ones.

10 Comments:

At 10:41 PM, Blogger Lori Stewart Weidert said...

Hallelujah! I'm loving reading about your new romance! I'm getting pretty established with my own window-scraping guy-guy, so this one really made me smile.

Happy for you, keep postin!

 
At 2:23 PM, Blogger Ron Southern said...

It's all too young for me t compete. I need a nephew like that. I could find work for him.

 
At 10:25 PM, Blogger Ed & Jeanne said...

Are you suggesting Animal House is NOT a cinematic masterpiece? I shudder at the thought...

 
At 1:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is such a great description for the exact kind of guy I go for. And, yes, my husband fits in there nicely.

Yay! I'm so glad there is someone out there to sing the praises of the guy guy.

 
At 8:37 AM, Blogger Theresa said...

Girl - I want all the details!!!

Ron - You're rough around the edges with a heart of gold!

Ve - You are such a perfect GUY!

Holly - Glad you have your own guy-guy to play with.

 
At 1:43 AM, Blogger captain corky said...

He sounds very much like some guy that I know... only I drink Budweiser, the good stuff. ;)

 
At 11:33 AM, Blogger Ron Southern said...

Except for the tit part, I guess I'm a fag. Sheesh.

p.s. I can't read any of your alphabet souop.

 
At 1:18 PM, Blogger Aisha T. said...

Oh my gosh! I LOVE your guy guy!

 
At 9:36 AM, Blogger Theresa said...

Corky - Sounds like you're quite the beer snob. I like a nice Belgian or a hoppy Pale ale myself.

Ron - I turned off the word verification just for you. Hopefully, I don't get spammed to death.

Aisha - Me too ... more and more all the time.

 
At 6:01 PM, Blogger Spin_Doc1 said...

I usually call them manly-men but I like them too.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home