Monday, May 19, 2008

Birthday

Today is my birthday.
I’m feeling sorry for myself. It’s kinda pitiful.

I have everything in the world to be happy about. I’m healthy. I have a home and a decent job. I have many fantastic friends. And, I generally think I’m a pretty cool person.

I’m still sad that I lost something important to me. I really valued my relationship with the man. It’s changed and the friendship we’re trying to create feels uncertain. I don’t blame myself, but the loss hurts. It’s as simple as that.

Other men are trying to get my attention. I don’t want anyone else. I’ve felt this way before about a couple other men. I know it will pass with time; I know nearly everyone else in the world has been in this same place, but my heart is slow to heal. It sucks.

I know I’ll be ok. I just wish I knew when.

5 Comments:

At 3:33 PM, Blogger Ed & Jeanne said...

Well happy birthday. Go watch a really, really funny movie. It's hard to be sad watching one...

 
At 4:32 PM, Blogger AndyT13 said...

Oh SUCK! I'm sorry hon. Geez, fuckin weak. I prescribe chocolate and ice cream and lots of it.

This'll make you laugh:

Word ver was "clytp". :-)

 
At 8:40 PM, Blogger bluemountainmama said...

so sorry... one thing i've learned in life is that loneliness and hurt are part of it. but it's so hard to learn how to just sit with it, and accept it for what it is. sucks it has to be on your birthday, truly!

maybe i need to dig up some more funnies for you....

 
At 9:43 PM, Blogger Theresa said...

Thank you all. I'm blessed with amazing, generous, loving friends. I ended up having a fabulous day. And coming home to messages from you made it all the better!!!

 
At 6:53 AM, Blogger BlazngScarlet said...

HAPPY (belated) BIRTHDAY my gorgeous friend!

I am so very sorry for the late wishes .... but you know how life throws curveballs at you when you're so NOT prepared? Yeah, I got one of those.

Anyhoodle, I wish for you much happiness and love.
You deserve it!

*smooches*

 

Post a Comment

<< Home