Thursday, December 07, 2006

6weird6

Our adorable Queen of Geeks, hott little brainiac friend, Spin-Doc, tagged me with the recent meme virus: 6 weird things about me.

Thinking of weird things is difficult. My own personal assessment is that I’m fairly ordinary. Thankfully, other people tend to be open about their feedback with me. I’ve decided to list a few things that have garnered reactions like, "Oh my god! Are you kidding?"

  1. I didn’t shave my legs from 1996 to 2004. Why? Because during those years, I was going to grad school, working full time, and during much of that period, had anywhere between two and four lovers. I was BUSY!!! I didn’t have time to bother with stubble. I decided that nice soft leg hair was a kinder option.
  2. During the last few years I've simplified my life. I wake up in the morning around 6am but I don’t have to be to my office until 10am. I live 0.8 miles from work. I’m rarely early and I’m late at least once a week. What do I do with all that time? You know … ummm ... stuff, I guess.
  3. I own my home. My car is paid off. I have a house full of things. Yet, in all these years, with all my abundant resources, I STILL haven’t managed to get myself a couch. Wanna come over to watch movies this weekend? … as long you don’t mind sitting on the floor … okay, okay, stop whining. Since you’re the guest, you can sit in the chair.
  4. Over-the-counter sleep meds make me hyper. Coffee helps me focus. Damn freaks with ADHD!
  5. When I was in elementary school, I was the dumb kid. I wasn’t very cute either. I learned to make people laugh in order to avoid becoming a social pariah. One of the things I did was an interpretation of a Lithuanian Troll. I can still do it. It’s weird, but you’d laugh, maybe more so now.
  6. I’m a fantastic cook, but I NEVER cook for myself … NEVER. When it’s just me, dinner is generally a can of fruit cocktail or a bowl of soup. However, if I’m cooking for anyone else, I go crazy in the kitchen.

I’m not tagging anyone because I’m late. It’s my day off but I’m supposed to be leaving town to visit a friend who is really depressed and needs someone to make her laugh. I still need to pack, pick up groceries to make dinner tonight, and shave my legs. If I get there in time, we’re going to Crate and Barrel to shop for a couch.

Need more coffee!!!

9 Comments:

At 4:02 PM, Blogger Larry Jones said...

Not buying the "dumb kid" thing, sweetheart.

 
At 8:29 PM, Blogger Lori Stewart Weidert said...

If Crate & Barrel doesn't work out, run to IKEA and get some big ol pillows for some spare seating.

And..what made you cave on the shaving in '04?

 
At 10:42 PM, Blogger Dan said...

When it’s just me, dinner is generally a can of fruit cocktail or a bowl of soup.

Awesome! I'll be right over! ;)

 
At 7:29 AM, Blogger i used to be me said...

#4 me too, same goes for all those cold medications that make most people drowsy.

 
At 1:34 PM, Blogger Steven said...

When I was in elementary school I wasn't very cute and was pretty dumb...

Things haven't changed much for me. ;)

Steve~

 
At 6:08 PM, Blogger afuntanilla said...

since u don't have a couch, is your floor carpeted or bare?

do u ever eat cereal for bfast?

 
At 8:38 AM, Blogger Theresa said...

Larry - It was all part of my grand plan. I kept my Evil Genius abilities under wraps until later in life. The element of surprise factor gave me quite an advantage.

GNGirl - It's like you're reading my mind. IKEA, Shaumburg, next weekend.
I started shaving again because I have the time now and I like the way it feels.

Dan - I guess if I don't have to cook for you I should probably let you sit in the chair, huh?

Ugenius - The trick is to combine the right ingredients ...
Benedryl + vodka = sleepy

Steven - I'm going to have to object. I checked you out. Seems you've got it all: cute, smart and funny.

Afun - Carpet ... saving up for new.
Cereal for breakfast and sometimes dinner too.

 
At 9:06 AM, Blogger Spin_Doc1 said...

Thanks for playing!

 
At 10:34 PM, Blogger Lori Stewart Weidert said...

Aurgh! Schaumberg only 2 hours away from me! I'll meet you there next time. We'll have swedish meatballs.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home