Saturday, December 02, 2006

All I Want For Christmas




It’s Christmastime and my lips are feeling festively impetuous. I want to spend the next month kissing someone nonstop. I’m not sure if it’s my earnest love of kissing or my persistent desire for a particular person that’s causing my smoochy holiday restlessness. Regardless, it would be nice to get some face-mashing action sometime soon. If it doesn't happen, I may start wearing a hat made of mistletoe.

I’m fairly certain that kissing is my very favorite thing in the world to do. After all, what can compare to excited mouths joined in a rhythmic reciprocity creating the most delicious sensations? And with so many kinds of kisses, one could kiss for a very long time without it becoming the least bit tiresome or dull.

How about a kiss sweet with trepidation, with warm shallow breaths escaping between a delicate trembling brush of buttery softness?

Or maybe furiously eager appetites creating devouring kisses rich with fervent passion. Don't hold back! Sometimes you really SHOULD get carried away.

Perhaps you bathe a lover’s body in hundreds of tender kisses, your lips caressing, exploring, and memorizing every inch of succulent skin. I'm always torn. Is it better to give or to receive?

And then there are those extraordinary heart-stopping kisses. I'm thinking of the intense, soulful kisses that transcend familiar language. We could speak the words I love …, I adore … , I desire … I need YOU, but the perfect kiss says it so much better. These are the kisses we keep in our heart. We sigh longingly when we recall them days, weeks, or even years later.

Yes, after mulling it over a bit, I think I’d like to kiss my way through the holidays this year. I actually own the hat in the picture at the top of this post. The only problem is that I think it might be a bit subtle for my ardent purposes.
What do you think?

15 Comments:

At 2:06 PM, Blogger Larry Jones said...

You're in fine form, Theresa. Makes me want to get busy...

 
At 5:22 PM, Blogger afuntanilla said...

wow! what a wonderfully, descriptive and tantilizing post. thanks.

 
At 7:05 AM, Blogger Dan said...

Just don't kiss your way through the mall. I mean ... look at all those weird people at the mall. You want to contract some weird disease or something? ;)

 
At 9:21 AM, Blogger Spin_Doc1 said...

I want to kiss my way through the holidays, but the person I want to kiss is no longer kissable.

 
At 12:54 PM, Blogger Joy said...

I so hear ya theresa! Now where can I get that hat?? :D

 
At 4:09 PM, Blogger Theresa said...

Larry: Glad I can be somewhat inspiring. Now, get on with your busy hot self!

Afuntanilla: Welcome. I like the word "tantilizing". It's wonderfully descriptive.

Dan: Thanks for the tip. Who knows, in a moment of eggnog-induced desperation, I might otherwise have put my health in peril. Good of you to visit.

Spin: It's a good thing there are other pairs of kissable lips wandering around. And the nice thing is, you can try them out without having to take them home.

Joy: http://www.shiptheweb.com/Gifts/Product/Springy_Mistletoe_ELP-2DA7729.html
Seriously though, I mean business! I think I might just go whack the hell out of a mistletoe bush and get wild with a gluegun. What do you think, bells or no bells?

 
At 9:27 PM, Blogger Chick said...

I was torn between kisses & hugs...which one is better...but now I'm thinking, yes, kisses are better...ugently better.

 
At 10:39 PM, Blogger Lori Stewart Weidert said...

Can I steal your idea? It's just stellar!

 
At 10:22 AM, Blogger Bougie Black Boy said...

this ultimately must be the sweetest write-ups I've read in a while. Wrap me up and put a bow on my head, and all that may be possible!

 
At 11:24 AM, Blogger Polyman3 said...

I like the kissing thing, but
Mrs. P gets bored, what should I do? I mean kissing the same person for 20 years does have some drawbacks. Most times it's just kiss, kiss- then right to the nasty.
Oh well, I guess I shouldn't complain.

...and your so sweet.

 
At 7:30 PM, Blogger Theresa said...

Chick – You know, if we don’t want to trouble ourselves with the strain of choosing one or the other, we could adopt a “both” approach. After all, they do seem to go well together …… xoxoxo

GNGirl – If you’re going to steal any of my ideas, I think this is a good one. It’s much better than when I decided to go on a celery, banana and yogurt diet.

Stephen – Okay, but do I have to wait until Christmas morning to unwrap you?

Pman3 – Hmmm … I’m the last person to ask advice about something like this. However, I’m very curious about the answer. You should make it your own personal challenge to rekindle the kissing-tingle. Then, report back to the rest of us so we can benefit from your efforts.

Hot Blaze Chik – Okay, Let’s make-out.

 
At 8:12 PM, Blogger nosthegametoo said...

Who doesn't want a kiss for the holidays???

Reminds me of some of wonderful times.

 
At 7:54 AM, Blogger i used to be me said...

I'd get in nothing but trouble in that hat.

 
At 9:01 AM, Blogger Theresa said...

Nos - Other than my 9-year old nephew who is desperately trying to avoid girl germs, I can't think of anyone who wouldn't enjoy a kiss from the "right" person.

Unack G - That's probably true. In fact, there's a warning label on the inside of the fur cuff, "Supervision advised if worn by Hussies, Amature Drag Queens, Anna Nicole Smith, or EXtremely Hott Chiks"

 
At 2:46 PM, Blogger Jayne said...

This post made me smile, reminded me of a delicious forbidden all-night kissfest of my own. Sigh.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home