Sunday, November 12, 2006

Thank You

I’m not sure if anyone has noticed, but I tend to be rather ungrateful sometimes. Instead of thinking about all the things that I have, I think about all the things that I want. I fret and worry about not having what I'll need in the future instead of cherishing the things that are present in my life right now.

The reality is that I’m blessed beyond measure. In fact, when I think about it too much, it feels overwhelming. Not only do I have everything I need, I have excess. I have more wealth than most people in the world. I'm physically able to do more than I'll ever attempt. I have more opportunities than I'll ever choose in a million lifetimes. And, the Universe sends me love even when I feel completely unworthy.

… and yet it seems that I’m always demanding more.

Today I’ll pause to feel gratitude for all that I have. I’ll be thankful for my fortune, health, freedom, and friends. The abundance of these gifts seems endless.

8 Comments:

At 8:48 AM, Blogger Spin_Doc1 said...

Thanks for reminding that I am thankful too.

 
At 11:05 PM, Blogger Chick said...

What do they say?...enough is a feast?

I've also heard that unshared gratitude is a crime.

 
At 9:50 AM, Blogger AndyT13 said...

Good gratitude post. I'ma put one up myself!

 
At 6:05 PM, Blogger Aisha T. said...

Thanks so much!

 
At 3:25 PM, Blogger ZooooM said...

My favorite lines: "I'm physically able to do more than I'll ever attempt. I have more opportunities than I'll ever choose in a million lifetimes. And, the Universe sends me love even when I feel completely unworthy."

Said so much better than I could about my own life.

 
At 7:30 AM, Blogger Chick said...

I'm grateful for you.

Hugs to you for being such a graceful survivor.

I miss you here.

 
At 3:46 AM, Blogger Pickledeel said...

Yup, everyday that I am upright and breathing, or even just breathing, is a day for which I am grateful. Or should be. It only gets better from there!!

 
At 10:44 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

"Until you've seen this trash can dream come true
You stand at the edge while people run you through
And I thank the Lord there's people out there like you
I thank the Lord there's people out there like you"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home