Sunday, October 15, 2006

We Are Powerful

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, "Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented and fabulous?" Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small doesn't ever serve the world. There's nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We were born to manifest the glory of God that is within us... And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.

~ Nelson Mandela

9 Comments:

At 11:16 AM, Blogger AndyT13 said...

Nice quote! Nic fiction too. How ya been dear?

 
At 3:23 PM, Blogger Jayne said...

I've always loved that quote! (But I thought it was from Marianne Williamson??) Hope you are WELL!

 
At 9:50 AM, Blogger ZooooM said...

I'd never read this, but I like it. It's always good to hear from our T.

 
At 12:56 AM, Blogger Chick said...

Lovely, lovely, lovely...& so true...so many of us feel the need to hide & not feel vulnerable...but that's just silly.

 
At 8:30 AM, Blogger Michelle said...

Thanks for this little reminder.

 
At 7:59 AM, Blogger Smerdyakov said...

I've always loved that quote as well, but I thought it was from John Wayne Gacy.

 
At 10:24 AM, Blogger Bougie Black Boy said...

Sounds like something John Wayne Gacy woulda said. . . love the quote.

Above all, we are our own critics--the biggest critics, I guess.

 
At 10:38 PM, Blogger Lori Stewart Weidert said...

Good reading, thanks for sharing. Something's gone horribly awry with my Bloglines, and while I've been waiting (dum de dum) for some (you included) to post, they've (you've) been posting away! I'm mortified to be out of the loop!

...nicepost, running off now, to read what I've missed, dangitalltohell.

 
At 6:10 PM, Blogger Theresa said...

I checked around and Jayne is correct. Apparently, this quote is often attributed to Mandela instead of Marianne Williamson.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home