Sunday, May 01, 2005

Not for the Timid

"To be brave is to love someone unconditionally, without expecting anything in return. To just give, that takes courage, because we don’t want to fall on our faces and leave ourselves open to hurt." Madonna

If you’ve ever allowed yourself to fall in love, you know that it totally sucks!
If you’ve ever survived a broken heart, you know why.


If you’ve ever allowed yourself to fall in love, you know that it’s fantastic!

Real True Love is the very best thing in the world.
It’s better than money.
It’s better than success.
It’s better than sex … yes, you heard me right. I said it’s better than sex.

There are those who are brave enough to seek love even when they know the bitter pain of loss. The only real tragedy is to give up, give in, or god forbid, to settle for mediocrity. It takes a lot of courage to fall in love. Courage isn’t a lack of fear. It’s what we do when we are absolutely terrified.

"Life shrinks and expands in proportion to one’s courage." Anais Nin

11 Comments:

At 12:49 PM, Blogger Theresa said...

QoP - You know exactly how to flatter a girl, and leave her with a wake-up image that will last the whole day through!

 
At 6:38 PM, Blogger Clark K. said...

that love thing sounds nice...

 
At 7:18 PM, Blogger Theresa said...

MitM - One of these days, you'll get yours. I hope I'm around to hear all about it.

 
At 8:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought love means never having to say your sorry?

 
At 11:33 PM, Blogger Theresa said...

Dick, I'm sorry to say that I think you might be wrong.
Still love me?

 
At 2:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've never been in love. . .but if it's better than sex, I'd like to give it a try. ;-)

 
At 11:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This hits so close to home.....sniff

I understand the settling and I understand true love.

Yes, true love really is better than sex, and can make the sex better.

 
At 10:33 AM, Blogger Mo said...

I agree with Sasha. It is completely different to have sex with your true love rather than just with someone that you're in love with. I'm not sure exactly what makes the difference, all I know is that we can do the same thing that I had done countless times with other women but the feeling is way more intense. Its like the sex goes all the way to your soul. You have to experience it to know what I mean.

 
At 10:57 AM, Blogger Chick said...

“Courage isn’t a lack of fear. It’s what we do when we are absolutely terrified.”

Is that a Theresa quote?...because if it is...you are my hero...

 
At 11:44 AM, Blogger Theresa said...

Chick, when you sweet-talk me like that, I get all goose-bumpy. Ummm ... recently I've been inspired. Mostly it sucks.

Tommy, I know exactly what you mean ... in fact, thinking about it, is giving me more goose bumps.

Laurie, No matter how beat up and battered my heart gets, I still go back for more. It's either worth it, or I'm a hell of an emotional masochist.

Anon, need someone to cry with? Really, sometimes it totally sucks!

Sasha, I checked out your site. You got the rest of it down Hot Chik. It think you're ready for the next step!

 
At 11:22 PM, Blogger Theresa said...

81 Vaginas - Excellent question! However, I can only offer an answer based on my observations since I have not had the privilage of creating a child myself.

I think that parents are supposed to love their children unconditionally ... and, I think most parents do. However, I was the Director of a program for runaway and homeless teenagers for 6 years, so I'm sadly aware that such is not guaranteed.

When I talk with people about the way they experience love for their children, the consistent response I get is that it's different, and so much more powerful than any other kind of love that they've known before.

Without a doubt, the English language needs more words to communicate the many different kinds of Love.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home