Sunday, April 10, 2005

Creepy Dreams

I don’t sleep very much. It’s a problem. When I do sleep, I can sleep through almost anything. It’s a deep, wonderful sleep with lots of dreamy dreams. I make noises too, including quite a bit of talking, especially if someone tries to wake me while I’m dreaming. The other day when Monkey Man woke me, I thanked him for the flowers. I must have been dreaming about Dick and his 150 roses.

Sometimes I have nightmares. They are very vivid. When that happens there can be crying and occasional screaming.

The scariest nightmare I ever had was really strange, but it felt so real that I can recall the intensity of the fear when I think about it. I was naked and strapped on my back to a big metal table. It was incredibly cold but I was powerless to do anything to warm myself. A grotesque little man was torturing me. He was burning me. It was Danny Devito dressed as the Penguin from the Bat Man movie. He was making toast and putting it on my belly as soon as it popped out of the toaster. It really hurt. I woke up screaming and crying. It took a long time before I felt fully awake and safe.

Sometimes it’s great to have a really vivid imagination. Other times … not so great.

3 Comments:

At 10:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would give you way more than 150...all different colors too..

 
At 12:30 AM, Blogger Theresa said...

Awww.... Dick, you're the sweetest!

*blushing*

Now I'm turning different colors.

 
At 10:49 AM, Blogger Chick said...

I am the same exact way about sleep. I can never get to sleep...but once I do...you can drop rocks on my head & I won’t wake up.

You creeped me out with that reference to penguin...but then I laughed at the toast.

Creative imaginations are the best thing...except when they run out of control like that ; )

 

Post a Comment

<< Home