Friday, December 17, 2004

Happy Birthday Monkey Man

Today is Crap Flinging Money's Birthday. Go wish him a happy one. He's survived 36 wonderful years. And, damn it all, he's fucking gorgeous!

This morning Starbuck and I sang happy birthday to him. Starbuck is our hound-lab mix. He sings beautifully and with great enthusiasm. Note: he's not named after the coffee company. Extra credit points to anyone who can guess his true namesake. Molly, our beautiful girl, accompanied the song by barking a lot.

As an added bonus to Monkey Man's Birthday, he awoke to me screaming my fool head off from a nightmare. I dreamt that a vicious mouse jumped off the kitchen cupboard onto my chest and proceeded to crawl up to my neck with the clear intention of knawing its way into my jugular. It was very traumatic! I wonder where those crazy over-protective barking dogs were when I needed protection from that mouse?

The rest of the day is bound to be better for my wonderful Crap Flinger.

Happiest WishesBaby!

4 Comments:

At 12:19 PM, Blogger Me said...

Was it the Starbuck from the original Battlestar Galactica?

 
At 1:48 PM, Blogger greenman said...

T's on her way to work so I'll take this one, no it's not the Battlestar reference, but very nice guess.

Flinger,

 
At 6:33 PM, Blogger Matt said...

Moby Dick was my first thought.

 
At 8:45 PM, Blogger Theresa said...

Brilliant!
Mr. Starbuck from Moby Dick. We were further encouraged because of Scully's nickname as well.

When he came to us his name was "Buckshot". It didn't seem fitting for our family. I've been a vegetarian since 1985 and not real hip on guns and amunition of any kind. We needed an acceptable name he would easily recognize.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home