Thursday, October 20, 2005

Wished You Were There

When I left last Saturday, I was exhausted, overwhelmed and nursing another broken heart. However, a few days away has helped clear my head and heal my soul. It’s amazing what an environment of unconditional Love can do for one’s state of mind.

It was the best kind of vacation. The weather was divine; a perfect clear and breezy 75-degrees every day. I ate well, got 8 hours of sleep every night and took in some exercise. No one demanded anything of me other than the pleasure of my company. I spent my days playing with two delightful 6-year olds, a funny puppy, and friends and family that I don’t get to see often enough. I lingered in bookstores, coffee shops and charming boutiques. I even allowed myself a few indulgences, including the cutest little green wool skirt and a well-preserved 1901 edition of Tale of Two Cities.

The broken heart will take a little more time to mend, but at least I feel better prepared to handle the rest of my life. Who needs expensive spa vacations in the South of France when they have loving relatives in a quaint bungalow in Central Pennsylvania?

. . . although I think I'd have had more sex in France!

7 Comments:

At 7:25 AM, Blogger Mr 5.25 said...

Sounds like you had a great time.

 
At 8:24 PM, Blogger Yoga Korunta said...

PA is a beautiful state!

 
At 10:56 PM, Blogger ZooooM said...

Hooray! Selfishly, it does my own heart good to see that you had a good time and your spirits are up.

 
At 1:03 AM, Blogger No_the_game said...

Awww r u in pain? I hope you feel better. U r a strong woman you will overcome it.

 
At 7:12 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

T -
glad to have ya back, missed ya. remember, if you don't start smiling - several of us might pull a tickle ambush.

 
At 11:06 AM, Blogger Ron Southern said...

One always has more sex in France (not to speak ill of Penn.).

 
At 12:48 PM, Blogger Julie said...

You were missed. I'm so glad that you took care of yourself.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home