Thursday, October 13, 2005

I Miss You All

A few things in my non-blog life have prevented me from joining you here as often as I’d like. I miss sharing my thoughts with you almost as much as I miss visiting your blogs. My new job is demanding my time and energy. I want to learn as much as possible before they set me loose on my own. I’ve also spent a weekend away and another entertaining guests.

Likewise, my emotional life is a mess. I told my dearest friend something that hurt and disappointed him. I’m torn up with grief and guilt, yet I can’t deny that my words were true. On the heels of that heartbreaking struggle, someone I Love told me something I didn’t want to hear. It hurts to live with his decision, yet its some small comfort to know he never meant me any harm.

By now I should be an expert on how to handle a broken heart. I’ve had plenty of practice. I could write a book and make a million dollars. However, I don’t think folks want to follow the advice of a silly woman who wears her heart on her sleeve.

The end of this month is our blog’s first birthday. Although I’m going away for almost a week, when I return I’ll feel more like myself, and I’ll be happy to recognize and celebrate our wonderful year in blogland. My life has forever been changed because of this place. Contrary to the self-indulgent pity party I posted below, I’m better, smarter and stronger because of you.

9 Comments:

At 1:02 AM, Blogger Larry Jones said...

And I've missed you, too.

 
At 7:22 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

have a good little vacation - remember be good,
and if you're not going to be good - take lot's of pictures.

see ya when you return!

 
At 7:43 AM, Blogger Mr 5.25 said...

i'm waiting for the return of oral sex blog entries

 
At 8:41 AM, Blogger BlazngScarlet said...

Funny.

I've been feeling somewhat the same.
Blogging has changed me in so many ways.
Amazing!

I miss you my HOTT-T, but I will be waiting here for you.
Patiently ....

 
At 12:22 PM, Blogger Julie said...

Happy Birthday!

Take the time that you need to feel comfortable in your life...we will be here when you return.

 
At 3:05 PM, Blogger Chick said...

Take the time...Sweetie...we'll miss you. Happy one year Anniversary! Congrats on your new job too.

I agree...there's something to be said about blogland (& it's a good something).

Come back soon.

 
At 9:27 PM, Blogger ZooooM said...

The one thing I've learned about the best people in my life is that they are willing to wait around for me. Wait around for those times I can get with them and re-connect.

I think it's like that here in blog world too.

Be happy, be good to yourself, and I'll be here to read about it when you do.

 
At 8:55 AM, Blogger OSA said...

Hugs to Theresa. If you write a book, I'll be first in line to get it

 
At 1:24 PM, Blogger Jayne said...

I keep clicking over here to see if there's something new. I enjoy reading what you're putting out there. But take your time, no pressure. . . Okay I lied - hurry back and write, damn you, write! ; )

 

Post a Comment

<< Home