Sunday, March 20, 2005

Wanted: Arms and a Short-Term Promise

I’m not the kind of girl who inspires heroes. That’s okay. I’m not a damsel in distress and I don’t like to be rescued. I like being self-sufficient and independent. Heroes usually annoy me with assumptions that I’m weak and helpless.

However, sometimes when I’m over-tired and start dipping a little below sea level on the old MDD chart, I think maybe a hero would be okay for a little while. I don’t need the Knight-In-Shining-Armor variety. My adversity requires no threat of life or limb, nor does it require a long-term solution. I simply desire someone with arms for holding, and a promise that everything’s gonna be okay. It won’t be long before I can make that promise for myself again.

Last week was a tough one. Today was tougher. A little borrowed strength until I can feel my own again would help a lot.

6 Comments:

At 2:59 AM, Blogger Ed said...

Hope you find your hero soon.

All I can offer is some virtual arms for holding - and it will be OK in the end.

 
At 3:27 PM, Blogger Theresa said...

Thanks guys. That's exactly perfect. My gloominess doesn't have a chance in a virtual sandwich between Cricket and Ed.

 
At 4:19 PM, Blogger Sasha White said...

I know the feeling. And, I knwo it will pass.

Hope it passes soon for you!

 
At 9:16 PM, Blogger Blueeyes said...

I'm here for you.

 
At 10:06 PM, Blogger Theresa said...

You're all exactly the heroes I was hoping for. Thank you for your hugs and support.

 
At 9:06 AM, Blogger Tiger said...

...my arms are small and I'm not all that strong (altho I occasionally surprise myself ;) but I give you my hand... hell, both of 'em if you need them... & if you've had a tough week and the days are getting tougher--well I'll not offer you my Ass Kickin' boots. I'll put them on and kick ass for you. Cuz I know that sometimes it's too much for one do on ones own. *smashes that "big mean stinky head" (as Junie B. Jones would say) beneath the soles of my size 7's*
...did you see it go *POP*?
((hugs))
I know.
I've been there.
& hon? It WILL get better. You know this too. I'm just reminding ya.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home