Friday, March 18, 2005

My Favorite Things

One of my favorite Jazz songs is John Coltrane’s, My Favorite Things.

My favorite beer is Guinness. If you like it stateside, you’d love it in Ireland. It tastes much better when enjoyed in the company of a charming blue-eyed Irishman in a cozy Dublin Pub.

My favorite game is Balderdash. Big surprise there! The point of the game is to make shit up and lie convincingly. The newer version, Beyond Balderdash, is even better than the original.

My favorite sex toy: My Hitachi Magic Wand. If you don’t have one, invest! It works great on sore muscles too. You can also purchase a G-Spotter attachment.

My favorite sexual position: Yes!

My favorite color is blue, green and purple all swirled together. Steve calls them "earth colors" because that’s the color of the earth from outer space. I have a fuzzy mohair sweater that is randomly mixed with these colors. I knitted it myself. Whenever I wear it, people touch me to see what it feels like. I get to spend the day being fondled because it’s irresistibly fuzzy and soft.

My favorite sweater: See above

My favorite place is often wherever I happen to be at the time.

My favorite friend is: Matt, Lu, Dave, David, Ruth, Mike, Jodi, Matt, Amy, Paige and sometimes Me. (this is subject to random additions)

My favorite word to say out loud is spatula. It has no meaning to me. I just like the way it sounds.

My favorite word of all is inclusive. D’s favorite word, succulent, is a close 2nd.

My favorite places to be kissed are the back of my neck and along my collarbones … and the inside of my elbows, my nipples, the palms of my hands, the area just above my ass …

My favorite extra special treat is Tiramisu with champagne and fresh strawberries.

My favorite place to think about stuff is in a pile of dirt in my garden. Yay! It’s Spring!

My favorite shoes?
Time Out ! ! !
I couldn’t possibly choose. I love all my babies equally.

My favorite painting is Guernica by Pablo Picasso. Even though it graphically depicts horror, cruelty and bitter pain, I keep our reproduction hanging over the sofa in the living room. It reminds me of how precious and fragile life is.

My favorite guilty treat is a coconut macaroon dipped in chocolate.

My favorite non-guilty treat is a big steamy cup of rich black coffee and a biscotti.

My favorite man’s name is Hank.

My favorite woman’s name is Emily.

My favorite jeans: Long boot-cut, button-fly, indigo non-stretch denim Gap jeans.

My favorite lipstick: Lancome, Sugared Maple. It works great with the Spiced Apple lip-liner.

My favorite vacation was a trip I took with my best friend, David, a year after we graduated from college. We flew to San Francisco and spent a few days wandering the city. On the third day we rented a car and drove north, camping and hiking wherever we saw an enticing place to stop. When we’d gone far enough, we turned around and came back through the vineyards. We concluded our trip at a nudist camp near Sacramento.

What are some of your favorites?

5 Comments:

At 2:56 AM, Blogger modgurl said...

Favorite Jazz song: The Way You Look Tonight

Favorite game: Scrabble

Favorite color: Red

Favorite place: In the arms of the man who loves me.

Favorite places to be kissed: Neck, breasts and tummy.

Favorite shoes: Trusted old sneakers.

My favorite jeans: Overworn low-cut hipster jeans that makes my butt look perky.

 
At 3:41 AM, Blogger Theresa said...

Favorite Lingerie Goddess: Cricket

Ohhhh! Have you tried the new Super Scrabble? Bigger Board, more tiles, more multiple point squares.

 
At 11:22 AM, Blogger Chick said...

What a lovely (grande as they say in Ireland...ok, I’m still feeling my Irish from yesterday) list.

I had Guinness in some Irish pubs. At one pub, the put a small drop of black currant in it, to take the bitterness away...wow...was that good!

I knew you had to be a gardener, you just have that kind of soul. Spring is coming, baby! I can already see the tops of my daffodils & irises sprouting up everywhere.

I love Picasso too & I really like who you explained how that painting made you feel. That’s why I love art...it makes you feel!

Favorite shoes...huh? What kind of a question is that? I couldn’t answer it either!

 
At 2:56 AM, Blogger Ed said...

Great list, Theresa.

Hmm...have to think about doing one of these. Picasso is one of my favourite artists, too.

 
At 5:24 PM, Blogger Jay said...

Right now I'm wearing "boot-cut, button-fly, indigo non-stretch denim Gap jeans." (1969 Originals)

But truthfully I prefer the way Kitti's Gap Jeans with the stretch denim fit and feel. I guess we guys have to suffer with the non-stretch version.

Jay

 

Post a Comment

<< Home