Monday, November 15, 2004

The Fun things about ADHD

I have ADHD (Attention Deficit Disorder with Hyperactivity). I have all the symptoms of ADD and about half of the symptoms of Hyperactivity. Although I've had it all my life, I was only diagnosed a few years ago. Now that I understand how my brain works differently from other people's brains, I feel a lot better. I've also come to the happy realization that there are some definite benefits to having an ADHD brain.
  1. Not only can I take amphetamines legally, but my insurance pays for them.
  2. I get along really well with three year olds because we have exactly the same attention span.
  3. I get lots of balloons because I have to wear one at the mall so my family can find me when I wander off.
  4. When I'm bored, I tell myself jokes and I think I'm funny.
  5. ADHD makes me really sensitive to touch so its really easy to turn me on.
  6. It makes me giggle inside when my partner tries to get me to pay attention. He's such a lamb for trying!
  7. I'm pretty sure that I run as fast as the wind.
  8. That tired old linear logical thinking is so last year, man.
  9. I can act immature without pretending.
  10. I suspect ADHD has something to do with the fact that I have really great hair.

I hope I haven't depressed people that don't have ADHD. Perhaps you have a disabling disorder that makes your life really cool.


1 Comments:

At 9:58 AM, Blogger Theresa said...

Oh Look, there's a chicken!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home