Monday, December 12, 2005

100 Revisited

While I was knitting away like a big wooly maniac, I decided to re-post an updated version of my 100 list. I know it’s really lame, but I don't have a lot of extra time. I’m a woman on a mission. So far I have 2 scarves, a pair of mittens and a hat completed. It pains me to be away from you, but the end results will be well worth it.

Updated bits about the Love Goddess are scattered hither and thither within this list of same-ol' bits:


  1. I can fold fitted sheets perfectly.
  2. I’ve never sung Kareoke.
  3. I didn’t shave my legs from 1996 to 2004.
  4. I taught myself how to knit online.
  5. My hair is naturally curly.
  6. It’s not naturally blond.
  7. Except in the summer, when it turns to gold.
  8. I can run in high heels ... but I prefer curbside service.
  9. My favorite super hero is American Maid (also runs in high heels).
  10. My favorite comedian is Eddie Izzard (likewise, very adept in high heels).
  11. I’m a great kisser. (better than ever ... I've been practicing)
  12. I know CPR.
  13. The weight on my driver’s license is 5 pounds more than I actually weigh. (Yes, I've gained weight this year. It totally sucks! but I'm working on it ... Pass the celery, please.)
  14. My driver’s license photo is one of the best pictures I have of myself.
  15. I’ve been in love 4 times.
  16. I believe I'll fall in love again.
  17. I have more than one best friend.
  18. An X-Ray tech once told me I had the best bones he’d ever seen.
  19. I told him that was the best pick-up line I’d ever heard.
  20. I’ve had sex with 24 different partners.
  21. Only three of them were women.
  22. I’ve never had an STD.
  23. I’ve never been pregnant.
  24. Sometimes I regret not having children.
  25. I only use linen napkins at home.
  26. I’m plagued by fears that someone I love will die.
  27. I hope I die first.
  28. No one extremely close to me has ever died, except my dog when I was 9.
  29. I’ve only had two job interviews where I wasn’t offered the job.
  30. I’m not jealous or possessive in relationships.
  31. I don’t believe nice guys finish last.
  32. I really like other women.
  33. I’m very flexible. In 3-inch heels, I can lay my palms flat the floor.
  34. One of my lovers told me I was too exuberant in bed.
  35. I plant gardens because I love to play in the dirt.
  36. I broke and dislocated my ankle 13 years ago.
  37. The surgical plate attached to the bone set off metal detectors at prisons, but not airports.
  38. One summer I was hospitalized for a week with swimmer’s ear.
  39. I’ve been a bridesmaid 5 times.
  40. I proposed to my husband.
  41. On Stage.
  42. There was no audience, but the cast was backstage with champagne.
  43. We've had an open marriage for more than 8 years.
  44. If I knew then what I know now ... ... nope, no regrets.
  45. I’ve been to two nudist camps.
  46. I skinny-dip every chance I get.
  47. I like to have painted toe-nails, but not painted fingernails.
  48. I love to vote.
  49. I give genuine compliments.
  50. Other people’s parents really like me.
  51. I haven’t eaten meat, other than fish and seafood, since 1986.
  52. I’ve been to Great Britain three times.
  53. I have more patience with others than I do with myself.
  54. I’m terrified of mice.
  55. My college roommate’s boyfriend was an officer in a street gang.
  56. I think people who are smart-asses are funny.
  57. But, I don’t like cruel humor.
  58. I’ve never owned a couch of my own. (Maybe I'll be on Santa's "Nice" list this year)
  59. I was arrested once for illegal trespassing.
  60. I’ve had one blind date in my life.
  61. My blood type is AB negative.
  62. I’ve never bought a bad car.
  63. In a crisis, I usually seem calm.
  64. I played the cello for 11 years.
  65. My most difficult performance was for the funeral of a 5 year-old.
  66. I started playing again this summer (with lots of blogworld support).
  67. I look great in hats.
  68. I can start a campfire.
  69. I’ve witnessed over 50 rape exams at the hospital.
  70. I have perfect gay-dar.
  71. When I drink, I drink good beer.
  72. I don’t believe in god.
  73. I do believe in an afterlife.
  74. I have a clear sense of morality.
  75. I can be very opinionated.
  76. I have one brother and two sisters.
  77. I have two nieces and seven nephews.
  78. My parents have been married for 44 years.
  79. My mother tells me things about their sex life.
  80. I don’t know what my IQ is.
  81. I don’t want to know what my IQ is.
  82. I like to tell people that I’m older than I really am.
  83. I found my first gray hair when I was 34.
  84. I’m an amazing cook.
  85. I lost my virginity when I was 20.
  86. I didn’t have sex until I was 22.
  87. I wore braces on my teeth from age 12 to 18.
  88. It’s nearly impossible for me to sleep in a bed with clothes on.
  89. I hate having my ears licked.
  90. I have extremely sensitive nipples.
  91. I’ve never seen "Gone With the Wind".
  92. I know how to flirt well.
  93. No one has told me I look like Glenn Close since last December.
  94. I make friends easily.
  95. My new favorite dessert is celery with a side of celery (see #13).
  96. I make parallel parking look easy.
  97. I like my partner to watch while I’m giving him head.
  98. I hate every song from the musical, "Oklahoma".
  99. Some really great things have happened to me.
  100. I try to appreciate all of them.

18 Comments:

At 7:03 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

T - You're very special. In the words of Billy Joel (think Murph and the Magic Tones from "Blues Brothers"), "Don't Go Changing".
But truthfully - If I wasn't married and completely in love with my wife and you weren't married and completely in love with your husband - you'd still be way out of my league, wouldn't give me the time of day and I'd want you for my very own.

 
At 7:26 AM, Blogger Yoga Korunta said...

GWTW is worth seeing. The most memorable scene I can recall was when Gerald told Scarlet that land was the only thing worth having. That was ca 35 years ago. I also have read the book.

 
At 8:33 AM, Blogger twocents said...

You are an interesting, admirable, magical woman. #33 and #34 make me lust you. I'm sure you've heard all that before.

 
At 9:04 AM, Blogger Theresa said...

Al - I feel the very same way about you, Sweet Cheeks!

Yoga - Thanks for the tip.

2Cents - I think the guy from #34 was either scared or annoyed.

 
At 10:05 AM, Blogger Margaret said...

i can say "me too" to 17 of these...hot chiks are the shit... :)

peace...

 
At 10:31 AM, Blogger Steve said...

Wow...I see a lot has been updated since January. In love 4 times now, not just 3... :+) That definitely stands out!

Great list, Theresa...then and now.

 
At 10:50 AM, Blogger Ron Southern said...

Like every other man in America, I want to have carnal knowledge of you with my tongue. At least!

 
At 2:06 PM, Blogger Smerdyakov said...

You've inspired me. In the last week, I've knitted four caps to give to the homeless.

Disclaimer - when I said "knitted" I really meant "bought". And when I said "caps" I really meant "bottles of Mad Dog".
It's the thought that counts though.

 
At 7:37 PM, Blogger Theresa said...

Al - 12 hours later, and I'm still blushing ... :)

Laurie - Are you flirting with me?
(hope so)
The anti-exuberant guy was a whole lot of wuss. Cripes, I hadn't even brought out the toys yet.

Monkey - I love the me-too's in the 100 lists!

Steve - Love is grand! ... and many other things, but the "grand" part is the bestest.

Ron - I can think of several men in America who would definitely disagree with you. Nice thought though ... I think ...
Ron, you can put your tongue back in your mouth now!

AC - If by "thought", you really meant, "make Theresa giggle", then you've been very successful.

Ed - You'd make a very sexy Santa!

 
At 1:04 AM, Blogger Jayne said...

You are fascinating, chica. I would love to hang out with you some time and pick up your flirting techniques! I am a terrible flirt, start blushing, stammering, whenever I try. Sigh. Actually, I take that back, I can flirt, but only with women and gay men. . . Pointers?

 
At 10:26 AM, Blogger AndyT13 said...

That is SUCH an awesome list! WAY more interesting than mine. *pout*
You are an amazing woman.
Tons of love and Hoopy Hallidays!

 
At 11:47 AM, Blogger Julie said...

How interesting! I've been reading your blog for months now and I found some surprises on your list. You are fascinating and delightful!

 
At 9:02 PM, Blogger Theresa said...

Jane - We'd have a blast hanging out, and I bet you're a better flirt than you think you are. But if it makes you happy, I'll teach anything you want to know.

Andy - Hoopy Happilays to you too. And, stop comparing!!! You're most definitely one-of-a-kind, my friend! A true GEM!

Laurie - Oh Sugar! You just made my day!

Julie - I haven't been holding out on you purposefully, but I have to admit, a few other people have mentioned that they never suspected me of being AB negative.

 
At 9:21 PM, Blogger No_the_game said...

Glad to know more about you. :) I might do something like this

 
At 12:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can fold fitted sheets perfectly.

I think I'm in love.

 
At 8:21 PM, Blogger Theresa said...

No_the_game - I look forward to reading yours.

RUSerious - If that's all it takes, I'll be sure to include that in my personal ad.

 
At 12:50 AM, Blogger OSA said...

Wait, you are married?! I most certainly didn't know that one!! I might have to revisit my 100 things list at some point too. Thanks for the inpiration. When are we having that cup of coffee?

 
At 10:29 AM, Blogger Theresa said...

Kelebek}{ - Married for 12 years. I do need to schedule a little trip to Madison soon.

Dick - 15 & 16 are my favorites too. It's also entirely possible (even healthy) to love you wife and think other people are awesome. Otherwise, the world might become very small.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home