Saturday, December 03, 2005

Pretty Words


He said, "You truly are the saintliest sinner I've ever known." (5 ½ months)

He said, "I’ve always been attracted to women who have a zest for life." (5 years, 8 ½ months)

He said, "God you turn me on. Can’t you tell how fucking hard I am?" (2 days)

He said, "I love just spending time with you, even when we don’t talk about anything." (14 years, 4 months, 27 days)

He said, "I think we could have a lot of fun together. I have a room upstairs." (8 hours)

He said, "I was so excited about meeting you that I told my two best women friends. They told me that you’re probably bad for me. I don’t care." (15 days, and later on, 2 months)

He said, "I love talking to smart women." (3 months)

He said, "That’s a great idea." (7 hours)

He said, "You’re an incredibly sexy woman." (3 days)

He said, "You deserve someone who treats you better than me. You deserve to be happy." (11 months)

He said, "I love your sweet pussy." (3 months)

He said, "I want you in my heart forever. Marry me?" (2 ½ months)

He said, "[She] told me to be careful. She said I’ll fall in love with you." (2 months)


He said, "You have a beautiful mouth. My cock would look great fucking it." (20 minutes)

He said, "A girl like you needs an adequate amount of smooching every day..." (7 months)

He said, "I’ve never met anyone like you." (2 ½ days)

He said, "You are crazy and brave, breakable and powerful." (11 months)

He said, "I'd give just about anything to spend some time wrapped up in your arms, kissing your lips, your breasts pressed tightly against my chest, my hard cock pressing against you, aching to be inside you." (5 ½ months)

He said, "Shit, yes!" (5 months)

He said, "I’ve never had sex with a woman who loved it, or was into it as much as you." (2 months)

He said, "I'll always love you, Baby" (10 months)

He said, "You are by far one of the most interesting and alluring people I have ever come across." (5 months)

He said, "You exude not only sexuality but sensuality. I find myself rendered speechless for a few seconds whenever we meet." (9 months)

He said, "You’re fantastic!" (3 months)

He said, "You're a beautiful woman and you deserve to be happy." (some years)

He said, "You were, and will probably forever be, the greatest, most fulfilling partner I have ever had." (3 months / 2-month break / 5 months / 13-year break / 16 months)


These are a few compliments, enticements, reactions, genuine emotions, lies and exaggerations I've heard from men who have been, or have wanted to be intimately involved with me (physically and/or emotionally). I liked hearing some of them a lot more than others.

(An Assclown inspired post)

15 Comments:

At 8:35 PM, Blogger Kalleigh Hathaway said...

I've heard many of those same things too. I still dream of hearing them all from the one man that I would get goosebumps from just the sound of his voice.

 
At 10:54 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So ... I might be confused. Just to clear it up, the time period at the end was how much time you spent dating the guy that said that thing.

Loved the quotes, some were really good if they were sincere and others were so bad they were good.

 
At 12:18 AM, Blogger Theresa said...

Kayten - You're such a sexy, romantic Hot Chik!

Dick - If you get close and whisper those things, it's better ... but you probably already knew that.

BRDancer - The time periods are the length of the relationship. Not all the quotes are from people I've dated. I don't have that much time.

 
At 10:32 AM, Blogger Aisha T. said...

Like Bedroom Dancer, I thought these were all from the same guy at first. AAAWWWOOOOOHHH....they aren't. I thought, 'Damn, this guy's all over the place'. I have heard a few of these. Feels weird getting bombarded with all these lines at once--instantaneously made me think of guys of the past and what line/comment/compliment/etc. is associated with them.

This one: He said, "I love talking to smart women." (3 months)
reminded me of those times I've been in a bar/social situation and was pounced upon by a guy who responded to a witty or intellectual remark (usually in a polite manner to say go away) by *turning to friends*, "Look at that, *chuckle* and she's smart too!"
I don't take such response as a compliment in the context of things.

 
At 1:50 PM, Blogger Larry Jones said...

The hounds have certainly been after you, haven't they, little fox?

 
At 1:56 PM, Blogger Jayne said...

What a great list! You sure seem to stimulate some strong, positive reactions from the fellas! Good to pull out when you're feeling low or for just a stroll down memory lane, I suppose. I need to create me one of these, though it might come up a bit shorter than yours. (Uh oh, I'm having list envy! ; ) None of this defines you, but you know this . . .

 
At 2:14 PM, Blogger Theresa said...

Laurie - Communication is much more than content. Those of us who've been around a while can see thru the bullshit a little better. I should be better at it than I am.

Aisha - You're practically a freak, girl! Some men don't expect cute girls to have brains too. We might have to put you in the circus.

Larry - You're one of my favorite hounds, Babe!

Jane - No comparing allowed!!!
Besides, I'm older and I'm a big ol' hussy! Also, not every quote brings back happy memories. For instance, I almost smacked the guy who wanted to fuck my face.

 
At 2:25 PM, Blogger Brea said...

Interesting trip down memory lane. It brought up a lot emotion for me since I've heard something similar to many of those quotes.

 
At 5:09 PM, Blogger ZooooM said...

Ah, neato. Makes me wish I had written down some of the things that have been spoken to me from various men in my life. And the time at which they were spoken, which makes it so much more interesting.


Thanks again, for making my day all the more thought provoking!

 
At 7:52 AM, Blogger BlazngScarlet said...

As different as we are, it's nice to be reminded of the commonality we share from time to time.
I'm sure most have heard or uttered the same or similar.

Of course, I would just tell you that I worship you, My Love Goddess. ;)

 
At 9:10 AM, Blogger Smerdyakov said...

I always find it interesting by how sometimes one seemingly off-handed sentence can completely capture who a person is.
And I'd guess that most of these sound different to you now than they did then.

 
At 9:24 AM, Blogger Bougie Black Boy said...

I think we all need to write an assclown inspired post. This was brilliantly written. I'm overly impressed. You're good. Very poetic in a twisted way.

 
At 11:25 AM, Blogger AndyT13 said...

Just because actions speak louder than words doesn't mean that words are meaningless. A recent post at Eat The Cupcake sums it up "Nice shoes, wanna fuck?" AND that can be the Assclown inspired post since he had something about nice shoes. Doc Martens. What. Eva.

 
At 11:09 PM, Blogger Theresa said...

Brea - I hope many of those memories were happy ones. For me it's a mix. It's amazing how universal our personal experiences are.

Dick - Mmmm, that kinda tickles...

Zoooom - You're still making all the boys crazy. They just have to keep their traps shut because Mr. Zoooom will get 'em if they don't.

Blaze - I love our mutual adoration. You sizzzzzzle!!!

Laurie - The "face-fucker" guy was a guy I met at a bar a couple years ago. He was showing off for his friends. What pissed me off the most was that he wouldn't stop with the trash-talk when I asked. My boyfriend-bartender noticed I was getting upset and came out from behind the bar to take care of things. I HATE, HATE, HATE being seen as a damsel-in-distress.

AC - They sound different now because they aren't in a context of present emotion. At the same time, each brings up feelings for me.

Stephen - I was worried that people would see it as something purely self-indulgent. Some of this stuff really isn't all that flattering if you think about it.

A13 - I believe in the power of words ... "...mightier than the sword."

 
At 8:38 AM, Blogger Steve said...

Wow...that's an incredible post!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home