Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Cuffed (by demand)

Sometimes the "tease" is more interesting than the story, but I’ll tell it anyway.


The summer after my sophomore year in college, I got a job at a Girl Scout Camp in northwestern Indiana. I’d never been a camp counselor or a Girl Scout, but I knew my way around the woods and I love to hang out with kids. Although the job was exhausting, it was the most fun I’ve ever had while earning a paycheck.


We got one hour a day plus Sundays off. The rest of the time we were responsible for our little cherubs. Mosquito bites, poison ivy, sunburn, homesickness, and skinned knees were part of the every day challenges. At the same time, we got to swim, hike, play games, start campfires, cook outside, canoe, and sing goofy camp songs.

The staff at camp consisted of about 12 counselors, a nurse, a bookkeeper, and a director. We were all women. As usual in groups of that size, divisions formed. The group split fairly evenly down the middle between the "good" girls and the "bad" girls.
(Guess which side I fell on?) And from there, we sub-divided by age. I spent a lot of time with the bookkeeper, a sexy, bright and beautiful woman named Susan.

A couple weeks into camp, a Peeping Tom / Voyeur was reported to have been lurking around. Immediately, we hired a security guard to patrol the grounds during the night. He was another college student; a ruggedly handsome fella named Joe. Joe, Susan and I hit it off from the start. We’d stay up late at night talking, and Susan and I would sometimes walk with Joe after the girls were asleep. One night, after the kiddies were all safely tucked in bed, the three of us went for a midnight stroll by the swimming pool. I teased about skinny-dipping. Joe didn’t tease when he said he had the keys to let us in. After that night, it became our pattern. Joe would do his rounds and then he and Susan would wake me up for a swim.

The whole thing was sweet. There was a slight sense of danger that we might get caught, as well as an underlying current of innocent sexuality. There were always jokes about "what if", but somehow we’d silently decided that things would never get out of hand as long as all three of us were there.

One night, Joe brought a pair of handcuffs with him. He and I were goofing off by the diving board while Susan was swimming by herself in the pool. He clipped one end of the cuffs to my wrist and the other to the diving board. I acted like it didn’t bother me and sat down next to the pool to talk to Susan who was still in the water. I think Joe wanted it to bother me, or at least wanted it to be more fun than it seemed, so he said he could leave me there until morning. We all laughed at the thought of me being discovered by the rest of the camp. Soon after, he reached around and unlocked the cuffs without another word.

I’m pretty sure Joe and Susan had a sexy little something going on between the two of them by the end of the summer. However, they never let on, and they never excluded me. I think they kept it to themselves because they were afraid it would change the unique relationship we’d created as the three-of-us.

(I suspect this was not quite the story you were expecting)

8 Comments:

At 1:26 AM, Blogger Larry Jones said...

This one got pretty warm and fuzzy. Don't forget: for our benefit, there comes a time when you have to make stuff up. I think I'll stick to the story I made up when I first read about the handcuff incident. (It involves the naughty things you were required to do to get the cuffs off...)

Feel free to try this story one more time, with imagination.

 
At 1:31 AM, Blogger Theresa said...

Larry - Maybe you should get your own handcuffs and create a story of your own. You have a great imagination. And please, feel free to share.

 
At 7:41 AM, Blogger Smerdyakov said...

"I acted like it didn’t bother me and sat down next to the pool"

What did you think was going to happen and how did you feel when it did or didn't?

 
At 8:32 AM, Blogger Theresa said...

Mostly, I was amused by the whole thing. Silly games and jokes were part of the pattern. At the same time, I didn't like the vulnerability I felt when I was restrained. Sitting down and paying attention to Susan was the same as saying "I'm done playing now". At that time, I don't recall thinking anything specific might happen. Since then I've thought of a few things. I felt very relieved when he unlocked the cuffs, more so than I imagined.

 
At 9:33 AM, Blogger BlazngScarlet said...

ROFLMAO

Saucy tart!

 
At 11:43 AM, Blogger Bougie Black Boy said...

Yeah this was an amazing post. Very straight-forward. You're blunt, But, like Anonymous Coward, I wonder what you were thinking inside. I wonder what they were thinking. This could be a good book. I see its premise now!

 
At 8:27 PM, Blogger Theresa said...

Blaze - Wish you were there, Hot Stuff!

Stephen - There was more of a story there than I first thought, maybe if fleshed-out, it's a nice short story.

 
At 8:38 PM, Blogger Theresa said...

Dick - I love your imagination. Maybe you should be the one writing the book.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home