Saturday, January 07, 2006

One of My Favorite Hot Chiks

Over the years I have developed a picture of what a human being living humanely is like. She is a person who understands, values and develops her body, finding it beautiful and useful; a person who is real and is willing to take risks, to be creative, to manifest competence, to change when the situation calls for it, and to find ways to accommodate to what is new and different, keeping that part of the old that is still useful and discarding what is not. -- Virginia Satir

I believe the greatest gift I can conceive of having from anyone is to be seen, heard, understood and touched by them. The greatest gift I can give is to see, hear, understand and touch another person. When this is done, I feel contact has been made. -- Virginia Satir

Our biggest problem as human beings is not knowing that we don't know. -- Virginia Satir

Virginia Satir ===> Hot Chik ! ! !
(1916-1988)

11 Comments:

At 12:16 PM, Blogger Ron Southern said...

That IS hot. But the fact that I'd never heard of her before is NOT!

 
At 6:43 PM, Blogger Bougie Black Boy said...

love the last quote the best.... she's great... as hot as you and laurie.

 
At 6:44 PM, Blogger Bougie Black Boy said...

The quotes, remind me of things Virginia Woolf said... hmmm... she's one of my favs.

 
At 7:14 PM, Blogger Aisha T. said...

Like Stephen, I love that last quote. Thank you for the introduction. I will madly be looking up information on her!

 
At 9:10 PM, Blogger Steve said...

I have never heard of her before, Theresa. I love what she has to say.

Quote number two touched a cord in me.

BTW, SEJ, Virginia Woolf rocks; I agree!

 
At 9:20 PM, Blogger ZooooM said...

As usual, you add a layer to my learning in this world. I'm going to graduate from the Hot College of Theresa. Someday. Well, maybe not. It's more fun being in class.

 
At 10:08 PM, Blogger Theresa said...

Ron - She's famous to those who know the field of couseling, especially family therapy. However, she practically invented our understanding of "self esteem". We now take it for granted as an every day term.

Laurie - It's a powerful thing to be able to reinvent ourselves at will.

Dick - Ha! You could end up knowing more about her than I do.

Stephen - Oh yeah! This is where you find the Hotties! You too!
Virginia Woolfe? yet another hottie amongst hot Chiks.

Aisha - She's a people-lovin' chik who's worth a peek at least. Glad you liked the quotes.

Steve - I thought you'd dig VS in particular.

Zooomilina - how about an advanced degree in Woopin'it Up?

 
At 11:15 PM, Blogger OSA said...

Hmm, I like her! Lets google!

 
At 12:15 AM, Blogger wmy said...

Well...that was just neat!! Never heard of her either...I know, I am a sorry s.o.b.LOL I am gonna go look her up on google...thanks, loved the quotes!

 
At 9:08 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

T- Great set of quotes (ok, I really just didn't say that did I)
Hopefully the hot college of Theresa isn't a girls only school.

 
At 1:29 PM, Blogger Shephard said...

I like her warmer approach to understanding roles in families (and much less dry and cookbooky than Bradshaw). Great that you're highlighting people like that. Another great use for blogging. :)

I esp. like that she states "a person who is real" is a person who is living humanely. Don't hear that enough. That really strikes a cord with me, being real.

~S

 

Post a Comment

<< Home