Wednesday, March 22, 2006

I Hate My Job

Sometimes this world of ours seems bent upon taking us down. Little by little, insults and injuries tear away at our defenses. Such things drain us of our energy and feed our self-doubts. Brutality, sorrow, greed, oppression, ignorance and cruelty seem to be everywhere. And even when the attacks aren’t personal, simply bearing witness to such negativity can wear on one’s soul. It’s a good thing we have each other. If we didn’t, we’d surely be lost.

No matter how bad it gets, it’s not nearly as bad when you know you’re not alone.
Brutality loses its ability to bruise when a tender word lingers in your ear.
Sorrow doesn't feel as heavy when held in the loving embrace of a friend.
Greed isn’t as devastating because of the gifts we share.
Oppression shatters to pieces at the sound of our genuine laughter.
Ignorance is overshadowed by wisdom when we see beauty through the eyes of another.
And the barbarism of Cruelty isn’t so frightening when my fingers are laced between yours.

In the end, it’s all about LOVE. If I weren’t loved so well ... if I didn’t love so well ... I’d never find the strength to walk out the door every day.

*Kisses* to you who I love … all of you.

14 Comments:

At 8:56 AM, Blogger Spin_Doc1 said...

Thank you. It made my day better just to read that.

 
At 9:38 AM, Blogger ZooooM said...

Again. Says so many things we all know and experience. So very well.

How are you not a published writer again?

Not that I'm not grateful as all get out (Did I just channel my Grandma?), but your talent goes beyond just good bloggery. IMO, anyway.

 
At 11:44 AM, Blogger BlazngScarlet said...

It gets increasingly difficult to find happiness and joy in this life, but making the effort is a reward that cannot be measured.

Thanks for the reminder my HOTT-T chik, I love you as well!
*smooches*

 
At 12:15 PM, Blogger Jayne said...

So beautifully, truthfully stated, my dear. Now about that job, what's the exit plan . . .? Is June too soon?

 
At 12:53 PM, Blogger Lori Stewart Weidert said...

I felt this one right in my chest when I read it. Hallelujah! Great post.

 
At 1:56 PM, Blogger Shephard said...

Simple and True.
~S

 
At 5:53 PM, Blogger The Ogre said...

A wonderful blog to come across for the hump day of the week. Something to help carry the rest of the week to the weekend.

 
At 6:57 PM, Blogger Sharon T. said...

I couldn't have found this at a better time - I just had a conversation with a friend who was very run down. I have a feeling your words will make a difference in her life...thank you for posting something so insightful.

 
At 12:42 PM, Blogger Polyman2 said...

Very well stated.
Sometimes I feel Love is the only thing that gets me through the day.

 
At 7:15 PM, Blogger clew said...

It's been a long rough day in a long rough week ... Thanks for posting this at just the right time for me. I know it was by happenstance on your part, but it was perfect timing on this end.

Hugs ~

 
At 6:45 AM, Blogger Theresa said...

Spin - I'm glad to know that.

Zooom - You're sweet to say such things, but I think I'd be an editor's worst nightmare.

Hot Blaze Chik - I hope things get easier *smooch*

Jayne - June ... sure ... if I don't stab myself in the forehead with a staple-remover first.

Frankie - Thanks ... see you on the boat.

Shephard - simply glad to see you.

Hot Pink Chik - Being a Mom seems incredibly draining. You do it well ... with lots of love.

The Ogre - Thanks

Mamma... - Glad to help

Poly - lots of days like that. I'm really happy about spring.

Clew - Maybe I posted it just for YOU!

Laurie - *smooch*

Dick - You always say the sweetest things.

 
At 10:33 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

Ringing in super late to say how much I like this post. But then again, I love all your posts!

 
At 9:21 PM, Blogger Barry said...

well, I think I am new here, you post where I post kinda thing I think. It is amazing how some jobs are really like that...that there needs to be some sort of inspiration or support to be able to go out and continue to do them.

 
At 12:27 AM, Blogger Maverick said...

You are the eternal optimist.

That's people, not the world


Maverick Kumari

 

Post a Comment

<< Home