Saturday, February 11, 2006

Gray With You

























I’m neither good nor bad
Best nor worst
Smart nor simple
Pretty nor plain

I’m somewhere in the gray with you

I’m neither right nor wrong
Fast nor slow
Polite nor rude
Bitter nor sweet

I’m all these in the gray with you

I am neither hot nor cold
Clever nor dull
Brave nor timid
Frail nor strong

These bright absolutes are lonely stars in black skies
They're the lies of legends and heroes.
I’d rather be here in the gray with you
Where we can reach out and touch one another.

10 Comments:

At 10:09 PM, Blogger Steve said...

Oh dear! I can't be like that. Just a touch of gray is fine.

 
At 11:28 PM, Blogger Maverick said...

Theresa, I tried. I really did try. But, I cannot bring myself to read poetry. Like, ever. I know you won't take it personally

xoxoxoxo

 
At 11:29 PM, Blogger Maverick said...

Maverick Kumari

 
At 11:32 PM, Blogger Theresa said...

Steve - You can be practically perfect. Just don't get out of reach.

Mav-Chik - You are Awesome! I absolutely love you for saying that!

 
At 12:30 AM, Blogger Larry Jones said...

No way the Love Goddess is gray! I picture a blinding profusion of colors.

 
At 1:14 AM, Blogger Theresa said...

Oh Larry! It must be too close to Valentine's Day. Cupid's arrow got you and you're blinded by LOVE. I'll be any color you want me to be, as long as you accept me as I am.

 
At 10:16 AM, Blogger Theresa said...

Dick - Yeah, that was where I was going. I was originally looking to illustrate this with a picture of a crowd of everyday looking people, but I couldn't find anything I liked.

 
At 6:35 PM, Blogger Michelle said...

I can't explain why yet, but I really, really liked this poem!

 
At 7:45 PM, Blogger Theresa said...

Naive - maybe it's because you have fantastic taste?

 
At 6:41 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

More quotes from those better than me..Jerry Garcia,
"every silver lining has a touch of grey"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home