Saturday, October 30, 2004

Hot Chik's Code

For some girls and women being a Hot Chik comes naturally. For others, it's a process of unlearning a lot of crap that society has taught her about herself and other women. If you wish to claim your place in the world as a Hot Chik, please refer to the Code below.

Hot Chiks are Proud, Strong and Brave.
Hot Chiks cooperate with their sisters and never compete unfairly. A Hot Chik would never think of competing for the attention of a man.
Hot Chiks are proud of their sisters’ accomplishments.
Hot Chiks watch each other’s backs.
Hot Chiks realize that doing the right thing sometimes means you have to break the rules.
Hot Chiks are gorgeous regardless of the current trends or narrowly defined standards of beauty.
Hot Chiks realize it’s a privilege to be a woman and are compassionate toward men, the unfortunate and weaker sex.
Hot Chiks love men who love and respect women. (optional)
Hot Chiks are proud and comfortable with their sexuality. We don’t succumb to society’s double standard that "good girls don’t", and we aren’t necessarily "good girls."

My Pledge: I, _________________________________________, do solemnly swear to follow the Hot Chiks’ Code to the best of my ability from this day forward. I will spread the Hot Chiks’ Code to those who are receptive, and I will protect the Code from those who would use it to exploit and/or damage any or all Hot Chiks.

______________ ________________________________________________
Date Signature


8/19/04
Theresa
Lu
(Hot Chik’s Code Co-Authors)

The authors also acknowledge Ruth and Carrie, two powerful Hot Chiks, who inspired the early conceptualization of the Hot Chik's Code.

6 Comments:

At 2:46 PM, Blogger Theresa said...

I recognized you as a Hot Chik straight away.

 
At 6:27 PM, Blogger Lycan said...

awe but chicks are so cute and adorable and yellow and fuzzy and I just want to hold them and sqeez them and... what am I thinking? Chicks are chicks, but Chiks are chiks. these chiks are totally... hot. Amen.

 
At 10:29 AM, Blogger CozyMama said...

I said my pledge!! WIsh I had found your blog sooner! Love it.

 
At 7:05 AM, Blogger t_cole said...

i feel the same way - wish i had found you sooner. at a time in my life right now where i desperately need these affirmations you share.
THANK YOU!

 
At 12:35 PM, Blogger Leese said...

Brilliant. I only wish there were more of us! Women need to learn how to treat each other and themselves.

Glad I found your blog.

 
At 8:41 AM, Blogger Guilty Secret said...

Sign me up! I'm glad I found your blog, there should be more hot chiks out there.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home