Saturday, January 15, 2005

Riding the Rollercoaster or How to Mix Depression With Blogging

I wrote a new post the other day, but after reading Theresa’s last few entries, I decided not to publish it. All the posts currently showing on the homepage of our blog are T’s; most of them have something to do with sexuality, and all of them are brilliant examples of humorous prose (she really should write a book, for chrissakes!). I must be near the bottom of my Bipolar Self-Esteem Rollercoaster, because I felt I just couldn’t compete. My Mental Health soapbox seemed not nearly as interesting as her Sexual Awareness soapbox, and lately my writing is not as witty as usual (Depression isn’t very funny when you’re in it, don’cha know). I just adore her and enjoy her posts so much…(sniff)

Welll, I’m feeling a bit better today, thank you, and I’m a bit pissed at myself for being such a wussy. I’m brilliant and funny, too, or Theresa and I wouldn’t be best friends. And both our soapboxes are equally interesting, important, and deserving of blog-space, dammit! When we 2 Hot Chiks get together to discuss our fascinating lives, the scope of conversation frequently grows to include the whole wide world and how peoples’ ignorance of certain things really fucks things up. The purpose of this blog is to increase awareness of both Sexuality and Mental Health, issues that we know a lot about and that are prevalent themes in our lives. We want to give people something to chew on, even if it makes them choke a little. Shock factor is A-OK here. Hot Chiks are, by definition, female humans who love ourselves and each other just the way we are. If we have issues about Sexuality, Mental Health, or whatever, we deal with them, accept the truth, and move on to enjoy life to its fullest. This blog is dedicated to helping all Hot Chiks (and the men who love us) accomplish this. Hopefully, we and our readers will learn something or share something that helps improve the quality of our lives, or at least helps us become less destructive and more empathetic to those around us.

Soooo, from now on I’m going to try to be less paranoid and publish my posts without fear, regardless of what part of the aforementioned rollercoaster I happen to be on. If I think my writing is boring because it's not as funny or erotic (mmmmmm…tee hee) as Theresa’s, that’s ok. I must remember that my posts are just as relevant and have as much to do with the world we live in as hers do.

Thanks, Dear Readers, for riding along with me!

--Lu

4 Comments:

At 2:42 PM, Blogger theresa said...

I love you! Thanks for saying nice things about me.

Now, get with the fearless blog-posting and give us something to choke on ... I mean chew on.

 
At 2:14 AM, Blogger Jay said...

The blog is "2 hot chiks". If you both posted the same sort of stuff in the same style then it would be "2 hot chiks that you can't tell apart from their posts". Doesn't flow nearly as well.

My prescription is:
Post, surf, comment, repeat.

 
At 8:53 AM, Blogger dwduck said...

Life is not all about sex and fun...even though some people would like to think that. ;)

 
At 8:47 AM, Blogger Lu said...

Thanks, kids. You're the best!

Lu

 

Post a Comment

<< Home